Nominations are open for the 2019 ‘Indie Award’
Anyone can nominate a small business for a 2019 Independent We Stand “Indie Award.” And sometimes, hardware stores can win.
Georgia’s Howard Brothers was the inaugural Indie Award winner. Plainview, N.Y.-based Trio Hardware & Paint won in 2013. And Carr Hardware took the title in 2017.
All small businesses are eligible for the award – book stores, craft shops, salons and more.
“Here’s a chance for consumers to provide a boost to deserving businesses as we approach the holiday shopping season,” says Bill Brunelle, co-founder of Independent We Stand. “For the first time in the history of the contest, we’re announcing the winner in the lead-up to Small Business Saturday. It’s all part of our mission to help bolster the efforts to grow small business and recognize them for their economic and philanthropic impact on communities.”
The winner of the 2019 Indie Award will receive:
- Branding, advertising and public relations makeover (valued at $25,000);
- $1,000 STIHL equipment certificate;
- Plaque to display at winner’s business;
- Public relations and social media recognition; and
- Quarterfinalists receive a lifetime Independent We Stand Premium Membership.
Any locally owned and operated business in the U.S. is eligible to enter the contest. Nominate and vote at IndieBizAward.com. The nomination phase and initial voting run through Oct. 20.