ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Small Business Wellness Advisor (SBWA) focuses on the aquistion of new clients and expanding share of wallet of existing Small Business clients with annual sales from $1 to $3 milion. The SBWA works virtually but aligned to identified markets within Key’s Consumer footprint. The SBWA will leverage Key’s industry leading Small Business Wellness tools founded in Financial Wellness to grow our Small Business portfolio. In addition, the SBWA partners with assigned branches to provide expertise in all stages of the sales and risk processes. The joint partnership with their assigned branches aims at deepening and retaining relationships through credit, cash management, and other banking products. May resolve client issues and execute appropriate action. Partners with various functional groups and lines of business throughout the bank for sales opportunities. The SBWA reports to the Small Business Team Lead.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The SBWA will be responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive Client Experience.
- Helps grows and maintain small business clients whose annual sales are between $1-3MM by proactively reviewing client’s current and changing financial needs through needs assessment and the use of the Small Business Wellness Review Guide to inform the clients on the best options for their SB goals.
- Partners with Core Business Banking, Key Merchant Services and other centers of expertise to best meet client needs.
- Understands credit and treasury management needs and collaborates with various partners, to explain/translate complex financial instruments clearly, ensuring client comprehension and knowledge.
- Meets and exceeds individual sales goals while contributing to the overall sales success of the team.
- Helps branches to build confidence and business acumen by providing small business expertise through joint calling efforts and other collaborative opportunities.
- Effectively builds client relationships in a fast paced, virtual environment through both telephone contact and e-mail correspondence.
- Recognizes client needs and opportunities to offer additional or enhanced products and services.
- Review client’s current and changing financial needs and offering the appropriate solutions through products and services.
- Actively work targeted lead lists provided by Segment to deepen current client relationships.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of competitive products and services as well as knowledge of competitors.
- Embraces an attitude of teamwork and enhances the professional atmosphere that leads to a successful sales environment.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to sales, regulatory compliance, quality, and sales client contact strategy.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant business experience.
- Minimum three years of sales experience required.
- Experience working with business clients.
- Experience reading and analyzing business financial statements and tax returns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superlative organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in meeting established sales/referral goals.
- Ability to achieve results in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume sales environment.
- Excellent phone communication skills.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.