• Real Solutions Unlimited Corp. of Loveland won a $23,014 federal contract set aside for small business from the U.S. Army for VersaClimber cardio machines in Fort Benning, Ga.
• A fully leased 16,923-square-foot retail center at 1612 N. College Ave. in Fort Collins sold Dec. 20 for $2.5 million. Country Club Corners, which was remodeled in 2017, contains Asian Chef, Dollar Tree, Cricket, Sky Nails, Elevated Sandwiches and Edward Jones. The seller was College Country Club LLC, represented by Jason Ells and Chase Christensen of Cushman & Wakefield Fort Collins; the buyer was JSPERGM Inc., represented by Jae Kim of Re/Max 100. The buyer and seller are both local investors.
• Brenda Simon has been named the new CEO of the Northern Colorado Rehabilitation Hospital in Johnstown. Simon, a registered occupational therapist, has served for five years as national director of therapy operations for Ernest Health, which owns the facility in Johnstown. She will move to Colorado from Long Beach, Calif.
• Tracy Hogue has been hired as vice president and business development officer for Bank of Colorado in Loveland. Hogue grew up in Loveland and has spent 38 years in the banking industry in the Loveland area.
• Loveland Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting, Goal High School, 1327 W. Eisenhower Blvd., Unit B, Loveland; 4:30-5:30 p.m.
• Business Before Hours networking event, Loveland Business Development Center, 5400 Stone Creek Circle, Suite 200, Loveland; 8-9:30 a.m. A light breakfast will be served. Free, but registration is requested: Go to lovelandbusiness.com and click on Workshops & Events. Phone: 970-667-4106.
• Colorado Women of Influence Foundation’s January SAVI Salon workshop featuring Teresa Funk, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Sandler Training, 200 E. Seventh St., Loveland. $10 for COWOI members, $15 for nonmembers. Call 970-817-5315.
• Essential Steps to Starting Your Business workshop featuring presenter Kathy Stewart, 10 a.m.-noon, Loveland Business Development Center, 5400 Stone Creek Circle, Suite 200, Loveland. $20. To register, go to lovelandbusiness.com and click on Workshops & Events. Phone: 970-667-4106.
• A Night to Glow, Loveland Chamber of Commerce annual meeting and dinner, Budweiser Events Center at The Ranch, 5290 Arena Circle, Loveland; 5:30-10 p.m. Call: 970-667-6311.
• Are You Charging Enough? workshop featuring Mike O’Connell, director of the Larimer Small Business Development Center, 2-4 p.m., Loveland Business Development Center, 5400 Stone Creek Circle, Suite 200, Loveland. $30. To register, go to lovelandbusiness.com and click on Workshops & Events. Phone: 970-667-4106.
Send us your business news
The Reporter-Herald strives to include newsworthy business briefs for its readers each Sunday. The focus of business briefs is on Northern Colorado businesses, not business promotions.
The items we consider for briefs include:
• New businesses.
• Business relocations.
• Business closings.
• New contracts.
• Anniversaries (divisible by five).
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• New owners, employees or promotions of employees.
• Manufacture of new products.
• Business organization meetings, workshops, seminars or classes meant for networking or education.
• Open houses related to newsworthy events (new business, anniversary, new owners, renovations, new management, etc.).
• Awards or other recognition.
• Donations to charities.
Press releases are welcome. The Reporter-Herald reserves the right to edit information submitted for publication. Pictures of individuals involved in the event are welcome, but publication is not guaranteed.
Information is due by noon Wednesday for publication in the following Sunday’s business section. Information can be emailed to email@example.com. For more information, contact business reporter Craig Young, 970-635-3634, firstname.lastname@example.org.