VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone systems have been around since the 1990s, and as the technology has improved, more and more businesses have adopted it. Small businesses, especially, have benefited from the move toward VoIP.
What Is VoIP?
VoIP technology allows data from the phone to be transmitted through internet lines rather than phone lines. It allows companies to use toll-free or local numbers and secure many services. For small businesses, VoIP allows for more features and greater flexibility at a reasonable price.
Why Is VoIP Right for Small Business?
A VoIP phone system offers many benefits for smaller companies, including the following:
- It’s affordable: VoIP lines are a fraction of the price of full-featured traditional phone lines with the same features. This technology is especially affordable with a provider such as EVS7 — our ZoomCalls service comes with no hidden fees, contracts or surprises. The price you see is the price you get. You don’t need a big corporate budget to enjoy quality phone services.
- It does not require complicated phone lines or a tech department: Before VoIP, landlines involved a lot of expensive technology and complicated setups that could take hours. Training teams to use the new systems could take days, and tech was needed if anything went wrong. With VoIP, all you need is a reliable internet connection. You can use your own phones, and the system is intuitive enough that your team might be able to skip training entirely. If you ever have any questions, your VoIP provider can offer over-the-phone troubleshooting. This setup is perfect for a smaller company without the resources to hire a tech team.
- It moves companies away from big telecom businesses: When large phone companies had a monopoly, they could dictate how much to charge. While they may have offered deals for big corporations, small companies often paid a lot. With VoIP providers catering to the small business market, startups and smaller companies enjoy the service they need and the prices they want while giving big corporations a skip.
- It’s flexible: Since everything is in the cloud with VoIP, these systems are flexible. Has your office been evacuated? Not a problem. Your VoIP lines will keep taking messages. Need more features or want to add lines? With VoIP, it’s as simple as letting your provider know.
- It’s feature-rich: For small businesses, providing professional phone service often comes down to having the right features. You may not have an army of assistants to forward calls, take down notes, screen calls and greet each caller personally. With VoIP, you’ll get tons of features to help you seem as professional as you need to be. You can direct calls, have do not disturb features to hold your calls or allow callers to enjoy hold music. Features will let your calls find your team members even when they’re on the go. If you have remote team members, your phone system can direct calls around the country or even internationally so that your team can work together.
Are you a small business looking for reliable VoIP service at a great price? Contact EVS7 at 800-713-8353 or 972-713-6622 or fill out our online form to learn more about our ZoomCalls service.