MEDICAL CENTER EARNS ACCREDITATION: Gulf Coast Medical Center’s Diagnostic Department has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in computed tomography as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology. CT scanning, also called CAT scanning, is a noninvasive medical test that helps physicians diagnose and tailor treatments for various medical conditions. Gulf Coast Medical Center has locations in Port Richey, Hudson, Spring Hill and Trinity. For information, visit gcmc1.com.
PRACTICE WELCOMES NEW DOCTOR: Access Health Care Physicians welcomes Seenu Sanka, DO, to its medical staff. Dr. Sanka comes from Davita Medical Florida in St. Petersburg, where he has practiced since 2002. Dr. Sanka is board certified in internal medicine and his previous practices have been listed in Tampa’s Best Practices. His practice is at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 688-8116.
RESIDENCY PROGRAM CHOSEN AS SCHOLAR PROGRAM SITE: The American Society of Anesthesiologists has chosen the Oak Hill Hospital Anesthesiology Residency Program as an international scholar observation site. Each year the society sponsors three international scholars to participate at its annual meeting. Before the meeting, the scholars are assigned to different academic centers for clinical observation. This year, Dr. Gaston Nyirigira was selected as an international scholar to observe at Oak Hill Hospital with program director Jeffrey Huang, MD. Dr. Nyirigira is from Rwanda, and was selected to participate in several international training programs throughout North America and Africa.
HOSPITAL AWARDED: Oak Hill Hospital is the recipient of the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing’s 2019 National Certification Champion Award in the Large Healthcare Organization category. The hospital was recognized on Oct. 2 during the Emergency Nursing 2019 Conference in Austin, Texas. Board certification, which independently validates a nurse’s specialty knowledge and expertise, based on rigorous national standards, is nursing’s highest professional credential. Board certification of eligible nurses is a requirement of the Emergency Room at Oak Hill Hospital. Currently, 93 percent of Oak Hill Hospital’s eligible emergency room nurses are board certified, with the other eligible nurses scheduled to take their board certification test.
COMMUNITY YOGA DAY: Bring a yoga mat and join instructors for a free yoga session on the lawn at 10 a.m. Nov. 3 at WellCome OM Center, 4242 Lake in the Woods Drive, Spring Hill. For information, call (352) 600-4242. WellComeOMCenter.com
HEALTH LECTURE: A lecture, “Protecting Yourself from Bad Habits,” will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 7 at Wellcome OM Center, 4242 Lake in the Woods Drive, Spring Hill. It will be presented by Dr. Maria Scunziano-Singh, a board-certified medical doctor and naturopathic medical doctor. There is no cost. Call (352) 600-4242.
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY: The Nature Coast Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, with Strategic Partner Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, will host the ninth-annual National Philanthropy Day event at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 12 at Spartan Manor in New Port Richey. The event includes 40 philanthropists, community leaders, businesses and organizations from Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties who have been nominated for their dedication to community service. Awards will be given to Philanthropist of the Year, Philanthropic Corporation of the Year, Philanthropic Small Business of the Year, Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year, Volunteer of the Year in Philanthropy, Youth in Philanthropy and Carl Roger Orth Media in Philanthropy. Sponsorships start at $300. Tickets to the event are $30 and can be purchased at afp-naturecoast.org. For information, contact Nancy Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 277-8351.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Downtown Brooksville NOW, 7:30 a.m. Nov. 6, at the Bistro, 10 S Main St., Brooksville. The speaker is Rory Killingsworth, director of Destination Brooksville.
• Advancing Your Mission — Nonprofit Workshop, 8 to 10 a.m. Nov. 7, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. This free training workshop is open to all businesses, offering tips, tools and information to impact the community and produce results. The topic is “Technologies that Make Work Life Easier.” There will be a “tech swap” opportunity. Contact the Chamber to register.
• The Technology Committee will meet at 8 a.m.; the Networking Committee at 8:30 a.m.; and the Diplomat Committee at 4 p.m. on Nov. 14 at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville.
For information or to RSVP for a meeting, call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Noon Nov. 2, The Mirador, 302 S Brooksville Ave., Brooksville. Call Kala Johnston, (352) 442-3003.
• Noon Nov. 6, My Care Medical, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Tabitha Cross, (727) 967-4496.
• 5 p.m. Nov. 7, State Farm Insurance-Wilder, 2189 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Jo-z Wilder, (352) 277-5800.
• 6 p.m. Nov. 8, Masaryktown Winery/Upicktopia, 19125 Phillips Road, Masaryktown. Call Dan Ebbecke, (352) 308-0100.
• Noon Nov. 12, NatureCoaster.com, at the chamber office. Call Diane Bedard, (352) 428-2143.
• 4 p.m. Nov. 13, Open Mortgage, at the chamber office. Call Tim Guy, (813) 431-7148.
• Noon Nov. 21, Traveling Art Parties, 6248 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Call Evie Harper, (352) 600-8086.
• Noon Nov. 26, Peak Financials Coaching, LLC, 1379 Kass Circle, Spring Hill. Call Shawn May, (352) 678-0017.
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the fifth-annual Hernando Untapped: Craft Beer and Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Nov. 15 at American Aviation Flight Academy on Helicopter Drive, Brooksville. The event is presented by Carter Foreman Attorneys at Law and Global Jet Care. The event will feature more than 30 breweries, wineries and distilleries from throughout the region, live music with the Mark Anthony Band, food trucks, vendors and local merchants. This is an adult-only event for those 21 and older. The cost will be $35 for general admission, $75 VIP and $15 for designated drivers. For sponsorships and vendor details, contact Melissa Kehler at (352) 593-9979 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• E Marketing Concepts, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Also Nov. 19 at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• How to Apply for a Nonprofit Grant, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 6, at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20, at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.