• The Women Officials Network Foundation will honor four women at this year’s WONder Woman Awards Banquet, at 5:30 pm., Oct. 2 at Glen Oaks Country Club, 30500 West 13 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, email email@example.com or call Coco Siewert at 248-642-7024, www.womenofficialsnetwork.org/payment_center.
• Lawrence Technological University and the City of Southfield announce the grand opening celebration of the Centrepolis Accelerator’s new state-of-the-art product innovation center on the campus of Lawrence Technological University is Oct. 4. Ribbon cutting is 9-11 a.m., open house is noon-4 p.m. at 21415 Civic Center Dr, Ste. 100, Southfield, Building #18 on the LTU campus map, ltu.edu.
• Rochester Regional Chamber’s Sunrise Pinnacle Awards is Oct. 7 at the Royal Park Hotel, 600 East University Drive, Rochester, opens at 7.30 a.m., breakfast is at 8 a.m. awards are 8:30-10 a.m., $40.00 chamber members, $50 nonmembers, register at rrc-mi.com or 248-651-6700.
• Market Research Basics workshop is 9-11:30 a.m. Oct. 8 at L. Brooks Patterson Building Conference Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford Township, register at www.AdvantageOakland.com/businessworkshops, 248-858-0783, free.
• Business, Grow with Google is noon-1 p.m. Oct. 9 at Salem-South Lyon District Library Meeting Room 2, 9800 Pontiac Trail Road, South Lyon, lunch & learn presented by Grow with Google, Kensington Valley Chamber of Commerce and Salem-South Lyon District Library. Register at ssldl.info, or contact Donna Olson, 248-437-6431, firstname.lastname@example.org
• CEED Lending Small Business Loan Orientation is 9-11 a.m. Oct. 9 or Nov. 13 at L. Brooks Patterson Building Conference Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford Township, register at www.AdvantageOakland.com/businessworkshops, 248-858-0783 or email to email@example.com, free.
• Great Lakes Digital Transformation Summit is Oct. 10 at the Detroit Marriott Troy in Troy, one-day event to network, learn new strategies, and explore innovative ideas in IT and business, www.GreatLakesSummit.com, presented by WIT Inc., a business analytics consulting firm.
• Starting a Business workshop is 9-11:30 a.m. Oct. 10 or Nov. 14 at L. Brooks Patterson Building Conference Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford Township, register at www.AdvantageOakland.com/businessworkshops, 248-858-0783, free.
• LTU President’s Symposium, “How Electric Vehicles Will Reshape Urban Planning,” is 7 p.m. Oct. 15 at the Mary E. Marburger Science and Engineering Auditorium, Room S100 of LTU’s Science Building (building 7 at www.ltu.edu/map). The event is free and open to the public, and free parking is available in Lots C, D and E. The panel discussion will be moderated by Elaine Buckberg, chief economist at General Motors. Panelists are to include Mike Ableson, vice president of electric vehicle charging and infrastructure at GM; Sarah Barbo, director of corporate strategy at Consumers Energy; and Mark de la Vergne, chief of mobility innovation for the city of Detroit.
• Understanding Cash Flow is 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Oct. 18 or Nov. 20 at L. Brooks Patterson Building Conference Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford Township, register at www.AdvantageOakland.com/businessworkshops, 248-858-0783, free.
• Integr8 2019 annual global Industry 4.0 conference is Nov. 5-6, COBO Center, 1 Washington Blvd., Detroit, featuring: The Internet of Things, Big Data, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, The Cloud, Cybersecurity, Additive Manufacturing & Advanced Materials and Modeling, Simulation, Visualization & Immersion. Tickets are $449 for Automation Alley members and $599 for nonmembers, integr8conference.com.
• Applications are now being accepted for Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition’s (AMIC) 10th anniversary event, Nov. 13 at the State Savings Bank in Detroit. AMIC, a program of ID Ventures, is a pitch competition. Application fee is $100, investdetroit.com/accelerate-michigan.
• Walk-In Start Up Small Business Counseling for entrepreneurs is 9:30 a.m.-noon and 1:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays at L. Brooks Patterson Building Conference Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford Township, and the first Thursday of the month at Novi Civic Center Community Development Center Room, 45175 Ten Mile Road, Novi, www.AdvantageOakland.com/businessworkshops, 248-858-0783, free 15 minute sessions, first come, first served.
• Networking 2 U for business owners and sales professionals meets, 7-8 a.m., Wednesdays, at Nino Salvaggio’s, 17496 Hall Road, Charter Twp of Clinton Township, for information, call 586-228-2200, firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Submit community events to The Oakland Press submission form online at bit.ly/1iUM73e.