Located in a financial center, Relationship Manager & Small Business Specialists (RMSBSs) focus on deepening relationships with individual and small business customers/clients. RMSBSs accomplish this by identifying financial needs, offering appropriate solutions and connecting clients with specialists. The RMSBS is a primary point of contact within financial centers for small business clients and a resident expert for small business products, services and strategies. This is an opportunity to gain experience and exposure for candidates with a strong interest in small business. RMSBSs will prioritize their time to meet the financial needs of small business customers. They are also responsible for uncovering the personal banking needs of both individual and small business customers by connecting them to specialists and financial solutions that align to their financial goals. As part of the Bank of America team, RMSBSs have access to industry- leading solutions and a team of dedicated product specialists – all designed to meet the unique priorities of our small business clients, including managing cash flow, improving their business, managing employees, banking with convenience, or achieving their personal financial goals. They report to the market manager and partner closely with the financial center managers to ensure adherence to operational compliance policies and procedures.
• Using a defined consultative questioning approach with clients to systematically identify client needs and appropriate solutions.
• Uncovering the personal banking needs of both small business and individual customers.
• Building relationships over time to gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ business priorities, financial life priorities, and effectively positioning additional Bank of America products and services.
• Deepening small business client relationships through relationship calling, in-person conversation and referrals to specialists.
• Delivering a personalized and rewarding experience for clients by executing a variety of defined client engagement strategies.
• Leveraging available resources and technologies to optimize the client experience.
– Must currently be a relationship manager (RM) in a Bank of America financial center.
– Minimum of one year demonstrated sales experience; preferably as a sales representative to small business.
– Strong passion for helping small business clients and an explicit stated career interest in small business.
– Experience working with small business clients.
– Highly motivated self-starter, proactive, with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results. Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations in a responsible, client-centric manner.
– Outstanding ability to collaborate with and influence others to accomplish objectives; a true team player who presents oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish trust, credibility and respect with others.
– Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
– An impeccable reputation for integrity and consistency; must possess sound business ethics and acting in the best interest of the client.
– Ability to operate in a regulatory environment, complying with all applicable laws/regulations.
– Proven effective customer service skills with ability to manage the full customer end-to-end experience and problem resolution.
– Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, collaborate with a team, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service to clients.
– Strong business acumen, communication skills (including verbal, non-verbal, written and presentation) and active listening skills.
– Ability to learn and successfully navigate multiple technology platforms.
– Ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
– Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients’ needs.
– Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and the ability to operate through adaptation and change in a fluid environment.
– Excellent time management and organizational skills.
– Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to support the business.
– Proven record of meeting and/or exceeding goals.
– Experience with outbound phone sales.
– Is a commissioned notary or can successfully obtain a notary commission in the state you work within 4 months of start date in role (8 months for employees with a work location of CA, NY, PA)
– RM Mastery for Small Business certification completion.
– Experience assessing client needs, identifying/recommending solutions, and building/managing client relationships.
– Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
– Retail and/or sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment.
– Experience working in an environment with individual and/or team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
– Experience with financial information, spreadsheets and financial skills.
– Working knowledge of small business products and services, including credit / lending solutions.
– Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.